Font size- A A A
Frequently Asked Questions

Bossier City Police Department

Where is the Bossier City Police Department located?

  • The Bossier City Police Department is located within the Bossier City Municipal Complex at 620 Benton Road in Bossier City.

How do I get a Restraining/Protective Order?

  • There is no charge for obtaining a restraining/protective order.
  • You can obtain them through the Bossier Parish Clerk of Court Office at (318) 965-2336. Our Violent Crimes Unit can assist you with filling out the necessary paperwork. Call (318) 741-8625.

How can I get a copy of a report of a crime or accident report?

  • Traffic accident reports and police offense reports may be obtained in person at the Records Division of Bossier City Police Department, 620 Benton Road, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Reports are $5 each payable with cash, money order or business check. Personal checks are not accepted.

  • Records requests may also be submitted by mail to:

    Records Division
    Bossier City Police Department
    P.O. Box 6216
    Bossier City, Louisiana 71171-6216

  • Mailed requests must include:

    • date of the accident or offense
    • name(s) of complainant and/or victim
    • location of accident or offense
    • address where report is to be sent
    • money order in the amount of $5 made payable to the Bossier City Police Department. Checks are not accepted with mailed requests.
  • Members of the public may also obtain a summary of their own criminal records involving the Bossier City Police Department. Requests must be made in person by the individual who is the subject of the inquiry. A valid I.D. must be presented along with payment of $20.
  • For more information please contact the BCPD Records Division at 741- 8687.

How may I compliment the service of a Bossier City Police Officer?

  • Letters of commendation may be sent to:
    Chief of Police
    P.O. Box 6216
    Bossier City, LA 71171-6216

How do I file a complaint against an officer?

  • Contact our Internal Affairs Office at (318) 741-8623.

How can I make the Bossier City Police Department aware of suspected drug activity in a particular area?

  • The Bossier Combined Narcotics Task Force addresses citizen complaints/tips concerning illegal narcotics activity. Such activity may be reported anonymously by calling the Narcotics Tip Line (318) 741-8585.

Who do I call to report the location of a wanted suspect or information about a crime?

  • Call Bossier Crime Stoppers at 424-4100. Callers to Crime stoppers are reminded they may remain totally anonymous and could be eligible for up to a $1,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest or arrests. You can also submit a tip via the Bossier Crime Stoppers wesite by clicking here.

How can I find out how much a traffic ticket will cost?

  • Call (318) 741-8835.

Where do I pay a traffic fine?

  • Traffic fines can be paid at the Bossier City Court Office located in City Hall, 620 Benton Road.

If my vehicle was towed, how can I get it back?

  • Contact the wrecker service that towed your vehicle. If your vehicle was towed by order of Bossier City Police due to a violation and you don’t know the name of the wrecker service, call the Police Department at (318) 741-8605.

How can I get a concealed weapons permit?

  • For a permit to carry a conceal weapon within Bossier Parish, including Bossier City, contact the Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office at (318) 965-3493.
  • For a permit to carry a concealed weapon statewide, contact the Louisiana State Police at (225) 925-4867.

Where can I find a complete listing of Bossier City Ordinances?

How can I hire an off duty officer to provide security for my event?

  • Contact our Patrol Division at (318) 741-8634. Certain guidelines apply when hiring an off duty officer.

How do I get a permit for a parade or an event that requires streets to be closed?

  • Such permits are issued through the Office of the Chief of Police. Call (318) 741-8621.




Font size- A A A
Contact Us

Bossier City Police Department
P.O. Box 6216
Bossier City, Louisiana
Phone: 318.741.8611
Fax: 318.741.8622

Shane McWilliams, Chief of Police